Dog Training Classes
DUE TO COVOD-19 ALL CLASSES ARE CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO JOIN OUR WAITING LIST, PLEASE CONTACT US!
Guelph's Training Program for Adolescent and Adult Dogs
The perfect program to get a perfect family dog
- Polite leash walking
- Reliable Recall: your dog will come to you when you call
- Settle On A Mat: an excellent behaviour for self-control and when visitors arrive.
- Targeting: the basis for training focus/obedience/tricks.
- Leave It: leave food/objects, a great way to teach self-control
- Sit, Down, and Stay
- Automatic focus on handler
- Respond to name anywhere, anytime
- Prevention of behaviour problems
Who is this program for?
If you want your dog to be a well-behaved family member, who you can be proud of in public, has self-control, comes when called and who enjoys being with you, this is the program for you.
If you are planning to do any dog sport with your dog; obedience, rally, agility, flyball, etc., this is the program for you. You will learn the key foundation skills that are the building blocks for good performance: only with good training skills can you train your dog for success.
The dogs must be a minimum of 4 months of age and healthy.
Dogs must not exhibit fearful, reactive or aggressive behaviours toward dogs or people. In uncertain cases we will first do a private assessment.
For extra convenience and flexibility, you can start the classes ANY WEEK:
- With our classes you can start any week (depending on registration levels), no need to wait for weeks for the next course to start.
- Register online (below) and you will receive a link to our FREE online orientation webinar to get you started.
- Our class size is small (max 4-5 dogs), which ensures a lot of INDIVIDUALIZED ATTENTION.
Take a look at our calendar for the days and times that these classes run. These classes take place at our training school located at 52 Victoria Road South in Guelph, only a few minutes from downtown.
Pricing and Registration
Six-session program: $225 + HST - our Puppy Class graduates receive a 5% discount when registering for Adult Dog Life Skills within 2 months of their graduation.
Please read our Training Philosophy and Group Class Policies before registering.
How to get started
Simply complete your REGISTRATION FORM. You will be notified once your registration has been accepted.