Milton Group Puppy Training Classes
A place to socialize and train your puppy in a safe environment. Start any week!
Good socialization before 16 weeks of age is vital in preventing future behaviour problems in your dog. Our training hall is sanitized before classes to minimize the risk of infections.
American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior puppy socialization statement says: “Incomplete or improper socialization during this important time can increase the risk of behavioural problems later in life including fear, avoidance, and/or aggression. Behavioural problems are the greatest threat to the owner-dog bond. In fact, behavioural problems are the number one cause of relinquishment to shelters. Behavioural issues, not infectious diseases, are the number one cause of death for dogs under three years of age.” Learning outcomes
- Socialization experiences with sounds, objects, people, other dogs
- How to deal with puppy chewing and nipping
- Responding to name
- Polite Walking: walk nicely on leash
- Nose targeting and recall
- Mat/crate training
- Acceptable Play
- Leave It
- Dog Body Language
- Sit to greet people
Who is this program for?
Puppies between 8 and 16 weeks of age.
Socialization is the most important thing you need to offer your puppy, do not miss out on this opportunity.
Your puppy learns every second that they are awake, this class teaches them the good manners you will need for a happy family companion.
For extra convenience and flexibility, you can start the classes ANY WEEK:
- With our
classesyou can start any week (depending on registration levels), no need to wait for weeks for the next course to start.
- Register online and you will receive a link to our online orientation webinar.
- Complete the orientation and choose a class time that suits your schedule.
- Our class size is small, the maximum is 4-5 puppies per class, which ensures INDIVIDUALIZED ATTENTION.
- If you miss one class, we will schedule a makeup class at the end of your program.
Take a look at our calendar for the days and times that these classes run. These classes take place at BauHound Haus, located at 276 Main Street East in Milton.
Pricing and Registration
Six-session program: $215 + HST
How to get started
Simply complete your REGISTRATION FORM. You will be notified once your registration has been accepted.