Puppy Training & Socialization Classes
Guelph's Training Program for Raising Happy Social Puppies
A place to socialize and train your puppy in a safe and controlled environment.
In addition to training a foundation of behaviours that your puppy will rely on throughout their life, this program also focuses on fostering a strong bond between you and your dog.
Healthy socialization before 16 weeks of age is vital in preventing future behaviour problems in adult dogs. American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior puppy socialization statement says: “Incomplete or improper socialization during this important time can increase the risk of behavioural problems later in life including fear, avoidance, and/or aggression. Behavioural problems are the greatest threat to the owner-dog bond. In fact, behavioural problems are the number one cause of relinquishment to shelters. Behavioural issues, not infectious diseases, are the number one cause of death for dogs under three years of age.”
- Healthy socialization with sounds, objects, people, & other dogs
- Managing and preventing puppy chewing and nipping
- Reliably responding to commands
- Polite leash walking
- Nose targeting and recall (coming when called)
- Mat/crate training, and building settle skills
- Healthy play habits
- Leave-it, Drop-it & building impulse control
- Dog body language and understanding how dogs communicate
- Comfort around grooming and handling
- Polite greetings with people and dogs
- Enrichment activities for your individual puppy
- Prevention of problem behaviours
Who is this program for?
Puppies between 8 and 16 weeks of age.
Socialization is the most important thing you can offer your puppy at this young age, do not miss out on the opportunity to help them gain confidence and trust in their surroundings.
Your puppy learns every second that they are awake, regardless of if you are actively training them. This specialized puppy program is an opportunity to introduce polite manners before less-desired habits take over.
Help your puppy to enjoy offering polite behaviours, and set them up to become happy family companions.
For extra convenience and flexibility we have evening and weekend classes available
- Register online (below) and you will receive a link to start with our FREE online orientation webinar.
- Our class sizes are small, the maximum is 4-5 puppies per class, which ensures INDIVIDUALIZED ATTENTION.
Take a look at our calendar for the days and times that these classes run. These classes take place at our training school, located at 52 Victoria Road South in Guelph
Pricing and Registration
Six-session program: $295 + HST - Enrolment includes:
- One hour of group session each week, for six consecutive weeks. Each session incorporates structured puppy social time.
- Our full Puppy Manual document, which includes a detailed breakdown of how to raise, train, and enrich your puppy's life.
- Our online webinar which gives you an understanding of how dogs learn, and how to find success with your training
- Graduation awards
- A discount on our weekly Puppy Social events
- A discount on your next level of training classes & private training sessions for two months after graduation
How to get started
Simply complete your REGISTRATION FORM. You will be notified once your registration has been accepted.