Guelph's Online Dog Training Classes
ALL ONLINE CLASSES ARE CURRENTLY FULL UNTIL WINTER, 2020.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO JOIN OUR WAITING LIST, PLEASE CONTACT US!
An Online Training Program for Puppy, Adolescent, and Adult Dogs
Join classes from the comfort of your home!Our two foundation classes, the Life Skills and Puppy Socialization programs, are also available to be completed through virtual training from your home! This virtual dog training option allows for the same benefits of the in-person group classes, such as:
- Live demonstrations of all the exercises
- Real-time feedback as you and your dog progress with the training
- Opportunities to ask your trainer questions
- Homework goals to focus on in-between classes
What will you need to take an online class with us?Online training is surprisingly easy! As long as you have access to the internet, a quiet space in your home, and either a computer with a camera, a tablet, or even a smartphone (though the larger screens tend to make viewing easier), then you're ready!
Online Class Learning Outcomes
In addition to training a foundation of behaviours that your dog will rely on throughout their life, this program also focuses on fostering a strong bond between you and your dog.
- Polite leash walking
- Recall (coming when called)
- Settle On A Mat: an excellent behaviour for self-control and when visitors arrive.
- Healthy play behaviour
- Targeting: the basis for training focus/obedience/tricks.
- Leave It: leave food/objects, a great way to teach self-control
- Sit, Down, and Stay
- Automatic focus on handler
- Respond to name anywhere, anytime
- Prevention of behaviour problems
- Dog body language and understanding how dogs communicate
- Accepting necessary handling
- Polite greetings
- Healthy socialization with sounds, objects, environments
For extra convenience and flexibility, you can begin online classes ANY WEEK
- With our online classes you can start any week (depending on registration levels), no need to wait for weeks for the next course to begin.
- Option to complete the program in six weeks (one class per week) or fast-track and do it in three weeks (two classes per week)
- Register online (below) and you will receive a link to start with our FREE orientation webinar.
- Our virtual program is set-up in a way that allows for INDIVIDUALIZED ATTENTION for each student in the class.
Take a look at our calendar for the days and times that these online classes run. Online classes are one hour in length. Programs run for either six consecutive weeks, or three consecutive weeks if you choose to take the fast-track option.
Online courses are currently full. Please stay tuned for added programming!
HOW TO GET STARTED
Simply complete your REGISTRATION FORM. You will be notified once your registration has been accepted.